Russell H., Computer Systems Expert
Experience:  13+ years experience
13568747

My dx4320-39 gateway PC often has trouble reading a CD. It

Customer Question

My dx4320-39 gateway PC often has trouble reading a CD. It is a DVD rw with Blu-ray. Should I replace it?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
If the CD, on examination, that you have trouble reading from, is neither scratched nor dirty, nor cracked even slightly in from the outer ring edge (or inner ring edge either), then you have a disc drive with a problem, yes.
This is especially true if
A. you have this sort of problem with almost every CD disc you have tried in it lately, and
B. you have done a cleaning of the disc drive with an appropriate CD drive disc cleaner, like this one from Amazon.com (possibly the cheapest of CD drive disc cleaners):
http://www.amazon.com/Memorex-DVD-Lens-Cleaning-Kit/dp/B00008EM7U
...and the problems persist.
After that, yes, replacing the disc drive is appropriate.
If this answers your question adequately, please rate my Answer - favorably - so that I may be paid for the work I have done on your question. Thanks.