Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I have error F3-F200-0002 can you help

Customer Question

I have error F3-F200-0002 can you help
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your computer question.
what is the make and model of the computer ?
Most of them with windows 7 will have a recovery partition which holds the same information as the recovery disks. Unfortunately some of them will not let you do anything with them but a restore to factory settings. some have some other options that might work.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is a Toshiba Satellite A505
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When the computer starts to shut down there is a message that says "Initializing partition" but it's a split second then it shuts down
Expert:  Robert M. replied 2 years ago.
about all you can do without the recovery disks is restore to factory specs.
the problem is caused by a corrupt windows install OR a bad hard drive which wont let the windows run.
these instructions should allow you to run the recovery to factory specs. If they fail than the hard drive is bad. You can purchase a new hard drive and get the recovery disks ( for a price ) from toshiba But i would question whether it was worth the time and effort vs buying a new machine
these are the instructions to do the recovery
1
Make sure the computer is turned off.
2
powering on the computer.
Press and hold the 0 (zero) key on your keyboard while
3
operating system, select one at this time. If not, skip to step 4.
If your system offers a choice of Windows® 7 32-bit or 64-bit
4
executed all data will be deleted and rewritten. Click
continue.
ignore the warning that all your data will be lost. It will be but there is not much choice unless you want to try to put the drive in another computer or send it to a service place just to recover the data. If the data is important to you let me know and i can get you a list of places that can recover it rather than doing the restore. But they charge about $200