Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Yes, I have a Toshiba satellite c-a5100. It has just had windows

Customer Question

Yes, I have a Toshiba satellite c-a5100. It has just had windows 8.1 installed. It made a "click" sound from the area where the power cord attaches and it went immediately to black, no anything, no green light on the front or any light, no fans, etc. I tried to fix it with taking the battery out, holding the button for thirty seconds then putting it in again (and a few other steps) this did not work. So I just left it for a day, came back the next day, hooked the power up, saw the green light. I started the computer, and it was much of the way to started when it clicked again and went totally black. Now I cannot see any signs of power in the machine. Can you suggest something?
Bill
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
First, can you remove the battery and try to start the Laptop just on the AC power. Does it then start Bill?