Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Networks & Security Engineer
76221641

I have a new 8.1 system. The admin password ***** lost during

Customer Question

I have a new 8.1 system. The admin password ***** lost during a move. How can I reset my admin password? I'm locked out of my new HP Pavilion? HELP.
Judith Damore
*****@******.***
***-***-****.
A service man deleted my backup PIN.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.
Hello Judith and welcome to justanswer, my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today,
I'm sorry about the issue, There are two types of password ***** Windows 8, local user account and the online Live Account password. that windows uses.
If you are using the Online Live Account to login, please go to
www.live.com and log in there.
If you are using a local user account, please follow the steps below :
Go to this website : www.pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/ and click bootdisk on the top of the page then download the file : cd110511.zip (MAKE SURE YOU UNZIP This FILE)
after this, burn this file in a blank cd or dvd, now insert the disk in your cd/dvd reader, and follow the same instructions in this short video to remove the password ***** your computer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWnV5SM7iS0
hope this help, if you need further help please let me know
Thank you
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.
Your satisfaction is my top goal.If you have a moment please rate my service, positive ratings are appreciated. JustAnswer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. We value you as a customer and very much want you to be satisfied.
regards,