radioerie
radioerie, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Microsoft Windows Certified. 16 years hands on experience.
64449083

I getting a 9c error code on a z97 deluxe series mb? How do

Customer Question

I getting a 9c error code on a z97 deluxe series mb? How do I fix it.
Clem R
Category: Computer
Expert:  radioerie replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.
This has been known to happen. What you need to do is clear the CMOS, formatting the SSD and do a new install. When you do, and this is VERY important. Use BIOS 1.50, do NOT update with live update or manual or you will be back in the same boat. There is something you have plugged into a USB that isn't communicating properly. It's a bug in the board. You can either stick with BIOS 1.50 or you can quickly systematically figure out which USB device the board doesn't like and replace it. (Checking compatability first of course)
I know you said you tried clearing the CMOS, but if you don't update your BIOS and it still happens try the second option. Just unplug every USB device, start it up and go from there. You will find out quickly what the MB has an issue with.
If you need any further assistance just let me know!