Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance
15197395

How long do i have to keep pressing f8 to see the menu?

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
Thank You!! for posting your Question.My name is ***** ***** today I will assist you to solve or identify your problem.

This can be caused due to hardware fault. Can you tell me the brand and model no. of the PC ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HP ProBook. Model number 6470b

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Also. As fyi. I have a dual.monitor at the.office. when I logged in my monitor was blank. I tried to undo the dual monitor setting nut I cannot see any thing. I have a picture of my screen if needed. Afterwards when I tried to boot up I hot the blue screen with the error message.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the information. According to HP this error can only occurs when Check Point Full Disk Encryption is installed and there is an SD card in the integrated card reader during start up or the drive is defective,Here are the steps, which you can follow to solve the problem. If the problem persist then, unfortunately the drive is defective and you have to replace it.

If the laptop is less than one year old then, you can get it repair free of cost from HP. Please let me know, if you need any further information on this topic, otherwise please remember to give positive rating below, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort. As you are a subscriber, there will be no extra charge for the positive rating.

1. Turn on or restart the computer.
  2. Immediately, press Esc (displays the startup menu).
  3. Press F10 to enter Computer Setup .
  4. Select System Configuration .
  5. Select Boot Options >SD card boot
  6. Press Enter to uncheck (disable) the SD card boot option
  7. Press the F10 key to accept the change.
  8. Select File > Save Changes and Exit .
  9. Press the ENTER key.
  10. Press F10 to save the changes and exit the F10 Setup utility.

NOTE: the exact steps for the procedure may vary slightly from model to model as the menu options change over time. Please refer to your product manual if you need further assistance.