Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

NB105 My netbook overheated a couple of years ago.

Customer Question

NB105 My netbook overheated a couple of years ago. I charged it up tonight to see if it would boot. It asks for HDD1 User Password. I really just wanted to see if I could copy the drive as the netbook is too slow and storage too small to be any use any more.
I thought i could bypass by setting a user password ***** the request for HDD1 User Password ***** up. I've tried old passwords I used to use but nothing works. CAN YOU HELP AT ALL?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jamie Lee replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. There are some companies online that can help you get past the hdd password. This is just one example http://www.hddunlock.com/ , for a small fee you can download their software to get into your hard drive. We are not allowed to help you hack passwords here on justanswer. You could however, be it very risky, format the drive, reinstall the operating system, then attempt to use recovery software to recover certain files. You might loose a lot of data that way though. Really the best way would be to use an unlocking software like the one I mentioned above. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to let me know.Thanks,Jamie
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already knew that. What a complete waste of time! You did not resolve my issue. Online its suggested to go to an expert and pay to get it done I have proof of ownership! I want a refund of my deposit! What a useless service you provided.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am going to put the charge for your services into dispute as it was not at all helpful. I can't download anything onto a locked HDD! You failed to give me the information I need to access my HDD.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Justanswer poses as experts but you're obviously not. I thought i was paying for you to provide me with answer to resolve the HDD1 password ***** for me. Please refund my deposit of $5 and do not charge my account. If it is not refunded I will dispute the charge/s to my credit card company and report your company to Better Business Bureau.
Expert:  Jamie Lee replied 1 year ago.
I will be happy to send this to our moderator for a refund. I apologize that we are not allowed to crack passwords here. I am able to break passwords personally but as I mentioned I am not allowed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I appreciate you referring this to your moderator. I thought I was paying for expert service to get this done for me. I'd read on the internet that if you pay for it, experts can use a Master password ***** unlock the HDD. As I said, I am the rightful owner and can prove it.