Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

When I start windows 7 ro on my computer it runs a download

Customer Question

When I start windows 7 ro on my computer it runs a download of drivers the goes to a boot log before the actual start of win 7 pro. Can anyone help?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeIs the computer still starting though?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksDoes it look normal and have internet? And when you say it downloads drivers, what program does this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes, but sometimes it locks the computer and I have to restart. This happens quite often.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** do the followingClick Start, type in MSCONFIG and press enter. Click on the Startup Tab and click Disable All. Click on the Services Tab and click "Hide All Microsoft Services" Then click Disable All Click ok, restart and let me know if you still have the problem.I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I type them MS config and press enter as you instructed but I did not see a service tab.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
its one wordmsconfigThen press enter. It will be there.