Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Good evening, How can you get back a hotmail account that

Customer Question

Good evening,
How can you get back a hotmail account that has not been used in 3 to 4 years.
The password ***** be retrieved because we can't remember the security info and very little information was provided when the account was opened.
Is it possible to access a number in hotmail, some sort of helpdesk to get to a live person?
There is another hotmail account that is being used by the same owner. We have tried the recovery option 3 or 4 times, but no luck it actually locked and locked the account.
We can provide where the account was opened and how long it was used for .
Problem is there is a foreign passport and consular service that has this email from a passport renewal 4 1/2 years ago and it is very difficult to change it on their end if we are not in that country which is our case.
Thanks
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.To clarify, it has been 3-4 years since you have last signed into the account? Please let me know Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Most probably yes, it's hard to remember that while back
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, Microsoft close accounts more then 90 days old when they have not been logged into, a few years will mean for sure it has been closed and all the content deleted. So the emails will have been removed and the account closed.They have to do this in order to make the millions of accounts manageable for this free service.I am really sorry about this and if you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The account was not closed as we were able to get a reply with the recovery option and it even asked for the password, which we don't remember unfortunately.

Isn't there support at Microsoft hotmail, a live person or an option I am not particularly fond of a company that may help us retrieve this at a reasonable rate.

I would like to give you a good rating , but initially I think you didn't pay too much attention to the details of the question, because I told you about us having access to the recovery option and you ignored this. Perhaps you overlooked this. I am willing to put this aside if you research and answer my specific questions thoroughly.

Thank you

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
There is no live support from Microsoft for this free service. but if its still open it means someone has been signing in lately, else it would be closed after 90 days but anyway, if you say it allows the recovery. try to complete this formhttps://account.live.com/acsr?rollrs=04It is going to ask you a series of questions, answer these as accurately and detailed as possible.Once complete, tell me what the final message is please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did this several times and the message is that there is not sufficient info. Then it blocks it