Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Experience:  Over 10 years of professional experience.
30759776

Aaron, how does this work? i have a problem with a word

Customer Question

hi aaron, how does this work? i have a problem with a word 10 file which exists here on my windows 8 system, yet it seems the contents have been deleted. i notice there are 105 "revisions' according to the fi;le attributes over the past 3 weeks....but not sure if that means we can access some of those 'revisions' in some way.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
you can send me the file if you like and i can look at it here. you might be able to back off the revisions or there might be something that is blanking it out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Robert, thanks for your reply. I'm doing this for my dad in a different location (in Australia) so apologies fro the delay.I have attached a copy of the file so you can check it out.As mentioned, it has been created in Word 2010 on a Windows 8 machine.Thanks in advance,
Ivan
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
ok got it. sorry about the time difference i will look at it and get back to you but it may be a day for you again.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
I dont see much in there the entire file was only 22k and my copy says 0 revisions. I just cant see much that i can do with it i am sorry. I am going to opt out here.
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.
Do you have access to the computer on which this file was located initially? If so, you may be able to retrieve the contents from the hard drive manually.
On the computer that was used to edit the file, do the following:
- Right click the file in question (Be sure that this is the same file and that it has been located in the same folder.)
- Click Properties
- Click the Previous Versions tab on top.
- Choose a date and time to restore from. On this step, be sure to choose a date when the file still had information in it.
- Click the Restore button.
Now the restored version will overwrite the blank file.
Thank you,
Jason