Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have a gateway that has an OS windows 8.0, it was not running

Customer Question

I have a gateway that has an OS windows 8.0, it was not running good, so I refreshed it so as to keep my photos and files , and when I was . Finished, I could not get on to the internet, at all, I have called verizon, they said that the hot spot was fine to call microsoft,:and I could barely understand her, so she . Told be to double check on the status of the hotspot , and yes it is fine ; it will say that I am connected but when I try to open a webpage it says that i am not connected , I troubleshoot it and it says the dns server has an issue
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
let me know when you are ready i will assist you in walking with steps to follow.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
what device are you using to chat with me online.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am on my phone a galaxy s3 from verizon

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
press the windows key + R on the desktop screen of your computer you will get a box to type in they you type in cmd and hit enter.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
let me know once you are there
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
or is it possible to connect the computer directly to the wireless router using a lan cable then i can remote access and fix the wireless for you, if you connect the computer to the router or modem directly then you will have internet access.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok I am at command prompt, but, yeah lemme see if I can get on

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
click on the black box you will get a cursor to type in.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Type in "ipconfig /release" (without the quotes)After releasing the IP, type in ipconfig /renewtype in ipconfig /flushdns hit enter.Now close the internet explorer and reopen it again it should connect now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Says that it was successful at flushed dns

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
restart your router, unplug the wireless router from the power and leave it for 3 mins reconnect it back and let it boot up it will take 2 more mins to boot, then you restart the computer and thats it, you must be good to go. Let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Let me know how it goes.