Russell H., Computer Systems Expert
Experience:  13+ years experience
13568747

I have a AMEX Care Credit card. I want to enter my account

Customer Question

I have a AMEX Care Credit card. I want to enter my account online but have forgotten my password. When I go to reset your password, it asks for 15 digits of my card number (there are 16 on the card). It asks for the CVV number; no problem. But, it also asks for the "security number- 4 digits. It states that the security code is are the four other numbers above my acct number on the card. My card does not have a security code. Therefore I cannot change my password.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.I advise you to call American Express about this problem. It will be easier to do over the phone, properly, than on a web form, esp. if you cannot determine what you security code or security number is. But as for your security number or security code - if you have a true American Express card, they have the code in a different place from others. It is, indeed, above the main c.c. number, on the front side of the card. This is the official word about security number on American Express cards: American Express cards have a four-digit code printed on the front side of the card above the number. MasterCard, Visa, Diners Club, Discover, and JCB credit and debit cards have a three-digit card security code. The code is the final group of numbers printed on the back signature panel of the card. (from Wikipedia's entry on card security codes.) The position of the security number on a true Am.Ex. card is shown here:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/23/CIDSampleAmex.png/180px-CIDSampleAmex.png with a red circle around it to highlight it.) American Express' customer service phone # ********-***-**** I hope this advice helps you with the problem.