Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

Linksys compact wireless video camera wvc54gc ver.1.1 cannot

Customer Question

linksys compact wireless video camera wvc54gc ver.1.1 cannot find the sioft ware????
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
please confirm you have windows xp or windows 7?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

linksys compact wireless video camera wvc54gc ver.1.1 comes on glowing blue light usb connect is supposed to trigger plug and ply but no blink no flashy light no installl

I have windows xp 32 bit

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
What operating systems can the WVC54GC are used with?The WVC54GC is compatible with Windows 98SE, ME, 2000 and XP operation systems.NOTE: Active-X 8.0 or higher and Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher is required for better performance.
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
What should I do if the CD is unable to find the WVC54GC?You would need to powercycle the WVC54GC. If a network cable is not plugged in when the camera is powered ON, then the camera will be in wireless-mode. When you want to use Ethernet instead of wireless, plug a cable in and power the camera OFF and back ON.you do not need a driver for this.
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
reset the WVC54GC to factory defaultsThere are two ways to reset the video camera’s factory defaults. Locate the Reset button underneath the device and use a paper clip or something similar to hold the button for 30 seconds. Or restore the defaults from the Administration > Factory Defaults screen of the camera’s web-based set-up page. For detailed instructions on resetting your Linksys video camera, click here
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Let me know if you have any question feel free to ask
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley below and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further