Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I purchased my Fitbit Surge ($250) on Feb. 7th,2015. The "Floors"

Customer Question

I purchased my Fitbit Surge ($250) on Feb. 7th,2015. The "Floors" readout
stopped functioning April 10th,2015.
The" BPM" readout goes blank periodically.
These malfunctions did not occur in February or March 2015.
The retailer (Sports Authority, Tysons Corner,Va.) says they cannot offer me
an exchange for a new watch . They insisted that I contact you.
Can you offer me a fair and reasonable solution? I am disappointed to say the least.
William H. Laughlin (***) ***-**** 1107 Flor Lane, McLean, Virginia 22102
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Since your device is less then a year old. You are entitled to a warranty exchange. I will post those steps later in this conversation. For now, as a repair step I suggest that you try the following. Press and hold the Home and Select buttons (left and bottom right) on your Surge for 10 to 15 seconds, until you see the screen flash or start to dim.Let go of the buttons.After your screen turns completely off, wait 10 seconds and press the Home button to turn your Surge back on.Your Surge should now work normally. Note that any call or text notifications you received before the restart will be deleted. After the above reset is completed.. Test your device. If its not recording your steps or functioning normally. Then you will want to follow the steps below to obtain an RMA and to ship the device in so that it can be exchanged. Even if the above steps do work. Please keep in mind that your warranty is only good for one year. So if you start having to reset your device often, more then once or twice in the next six months. Then Id suggest sending it in for an exchange before your warranty expires. Heres is the process to request an RMA number and to exchange the device under warranty. To request an RMA, email *****@******.***.For the title put " Request for warranty exchange" and include a brief problem description, your date of purchase, place of purchase. Returned product(s) must be in good physical condition (not physically broken or damaged).All accessories originally included with your purchase must be included with your return.The RMA number must be included along with your returned product. The support team will provide you with the RMA number, and shipping instructions. If you have further questions William, you are welcome to respond. Thank you, ***** *If you feel I have assisted you, please click one of the rating icons and submit a rating. Your are welcome to reply even after a rating has submitted.