Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

Ever since I had my laptop cleaned up to speed up, I've not

Customer Question

Ever since I had my laptop cleaned up to speed up, I've not been able to get on a hangout on Google+
(where the team meets for training). It says "authentication problem" and to try later.
Any help would be appreciated.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question. It looks like a browser plugin has gotten corrupt and needs to be reinstalled. May I set up a quick remote session, which will allow me to connect directly to your screen and assist you with this issue? Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes, please

Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Okay, let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=4cc17546-19d6-4d5a-886b-f6e37a3b2e0b Click 'I agree', then download the remote tool when prompted. An 'Elsinore Screen Connect' file will be downloaded by your browser (at the very bottom.) OPEN/RUN the file from your downloads, and I'll be connected. If you face any issues, just reply back to me below. Thank you.
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, the link was messed up - please use this remote link now:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=4cc17546-19d6-4d5a-886b-f6e37a3b2e0b Thank you.
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Hi, are you still there? Were you able to download and run the remote file, as requested? Do keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes it downloads and click on the link and run the remote file, but nothing happens.

Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Hmm, do you see a downloaded "Elsinore Screen Connect" file listed at the bottom of your Chrome window? If so, click on it - do you get any prompt to RUN an application? If you are unable to see it, please minimize your Chrome window. If you are still unable to see the prompt, just reply back to me below. Thank you.
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Let's try a different remote tool now. Please open up the following link:http://tinyurl.com/azwl8g A 'TeamViewer' file will be downloaded by your browser (at the very bottom.) OPEN/RUN the file. Reply back to me with the ID and the password ***** by the TeamViewer window (while keeping the window open.) If you face any issues, just reply back to me below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It does have another pop up about joining the remote session and that's when it stops.

I'll try new link with tinyurl

Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Okay; please do, and let me know the ID and password ***** by the TeamViewer window. Thanks!
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Also, please make sure that you are OPENING the files downloaded (TeamViewer and Elsinore Screen Connect) at the very bottom of your Chrome window. Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

says unable to find sites url to redurect.

sorry

Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Okay, no issues. Let me try and assist you with the Hangouts issue on this page itself. Could you try opening up a Hangouts session now, make a note of the exact error you receive, and let me know?
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Hi, are you still there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No hangouts going at this time. I'm able to access replays, but not join.

Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Hmm, you stated something about getting an "authentication error" earlier - could you confirm if this is the case? Also, during the cleanup, was any security program, e.g. Norton, installed on your system? Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes authentication error and it said try later, but couldn't join hangout

OOOh that might be it. I had Norton removed and Avast was installed.

when they cleaned it up.

Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
I see. As a test, please go to Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features > Uninstall a Program, and then uninstall Avast accordingly. Also, make sure that Norton is not listed there either. Done that, test the hangout when it's available, and update me on the issue at your convenience please. You may get back to this page anytime later on through your emails received from JustAnswer. Do keep me posted.