Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My google chrome browser will not open all of the sudden ?

Customer Question

My google chrome browser will not open all of the sudden ? I am using XP and thinking I may have a virus after accidently downloading a system cleaner (which I promptly cancelled). Here is the message I get:
ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND
No webpage was found for the web address: chrome-extension://mallpejgeafdahhflmliiahjdpgbegpk/stubby.html
I have done a system restore to an earlier point without resolution. Maybe it's time I bite the bullet and get a new system, but I dearly love XP ! Thank you
Category: Computer
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.When was the last time it worked properly?May I start a remote session that way I can take a closer look at the problem and fix it for you directly?Regards,Martin