Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Technician
62741268

I have lost Internet Explorer!

Customer Question

I have lost Internet Explorer!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.
What is the version of your windows operating system? 8,7,xp,etc....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 8.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 8! Are you still there?
To resolve this problem, try the following methods.Method 1Go to the Start screen.Type Internet Explorer.Right-click the Internet Explorer icon on the left side of the screen.At the bottom of the screen, click the Pin to Start button if it is available.If you do not see an Internet Explorer icon on the left side of the screen after step 2, try the next method.Method 2If Method 1 did not restore the Internet Explorer tile, follow these steps:Go to the Start screen.Type cmd.Click the cmd.exe icon on the left side of the screen to open a Command Prompt window.Important Do not select the option to run the program as an administrator.At the command prompt, enter the following command:C:\Windows\System32\ie4uinit.exe -UserIconConfigPress Enter.To test whether either of these methods has resolved the problem, go to the Start screen. You should now see the Internet Explorer tile on the Start screen.