Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a new asus book t100 and the micro sd card reader is

I have a new asus book t100 and the micro sd card reader is not working - error "There is a problem with the driver for SD Storage Class Controller." Reinstalling driver fails because it says current driver is the right one. I've tried to different mini-sd's that are working on other devices....
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today!

What I would like you to do, is go to the device manager... ( to get there, go to the old windows desktop screen first )

Please press the windows key on your keyboard , hold it down, and press R

Onscreen should be a box that says Open / Run . In that box type in,

devmgmt.msc
and then hit enter.

Now, on this screen.. We want to find and uninstall your SD card reader.. ( to uninstall it, right click it and then click uninstall )

Then, once uninstalled.. Restart the computer.. Then try downloading and installing the driver..

If this doesnt work , or if you run into any issues at all uninstalling / reinstalling the driver, please send a reply and let me know so that I can continue to assist you.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent submitted below this answer when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How do I install (reinstall) the driver - the device no longer found when I "Add a device" from the control panel/devices and printers screen....

We want to go to the device manger screen ( the one we uninstalled it from )

And then, click action, scan for hardware changes.. It should pick up the missing SD card controller, and then allow you to reinstall the driver.

If not, then we may need to go to the Asus website and download it.. Let me now what happens Jim.

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dustin - Guess I could have just waited awhile, because before I even got to logging on to download the card driver, Asus sent down a critical software update and a new bios - problem solved! Thanks anyway....

Jim

Glad to hear that Jim. Sometimes simply uninstalling the Card reader, will trigger the asus update software to download a new update.

If you run into any further issues Jim, let me know and I will be happy to assist you.

Dustin S.