Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, PC Tech
Experience:  2 year degree from ITT Technical Institute.

In trying to access the Rosetta Stone program on my computer,

In trying to access the Rosetta Stone program on my computer, a screen popped up saying there was an error in application. I called the tech support number and I was directed to you. I was directed to give you the case reference number 02904262
Category: Computer
Expert:  Charles A. Roberts replied 8 months ago.
Hello, Welcome to justanswer.com where we answer questions for computers as well as other Categories. my name isXXXXX will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions. I understand you had an error message popup on the Rosetta Stone Program can you tell me everything the error message said also when did this problem start happening. You also mentioned you called a tech support number who exactly did you speak with please?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

The message says there is an error in application. That's it. The name of the individual, I do not know.

I see and when exactly did the problem start?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Approximately two weeks ago. I usually do a lesson in the morning, but have not been able to for essentially two weeks. One day I was able to access the program in those two weeks.

Ok have you tried taking the computer back to a time before the problem started yet? If you havn't here is a link to a video to show you how. Please choose a date and time that you know for a fact everything was working perfectly. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFQXa8AW-iA

Let me know what happens.
Expert:  B. Rath replied 8 months ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

A system restore may cause unwanted roll-backs of program installations and updates in your system, so I would recommend you to try a CLEAN uninstall and reinstall of the Rosetta Stone software first.

First off, please download and install the Revo Uninstaller Utility (FREE) using the following link:
http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

Done that, run and use the Revo utility to look for and uninstall any reference to XXXXX listed accordingly.

Make sure to right-click on the Rosetta Stone entry, and click the 'Uninstall' option to remove it, then click the Scan button to scan for, select and remove ALL of the files, folders, and registry entries left, listed in the process.

Finally, please download and reinstall the Rosetta Stone software using the installation disk you have for the same.

This should resolve the issue you are having. Do keep me posted; thanks!

Regards

What is the status of the situation please? Have you ran the restore yet by chance? By the way I highly advise not downloading that software it is not safe. Also do you by chance have any of the disks from rosetta stone a repair install can sometimes correct the problem.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

I ran the restore and it seems to have worked. I was able to access the Rosetta Stone software. I do have all the discs from the Rosetta Stone

Great!!! I am glad that worked. Keep in mind if it happens again you can also reinstall to repair the program but only if it happens again.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know... Please don't leave negative feedback, Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated! You will be getting a survey on my assistance and information It would be greatly appreciated to let my Superiors know how I am doing thank you and please try and have a good day.

Charles A. Roberts, PC Tech
Experience: 2 year degree from ITT Technical Institute.