Nathan, Systems Manager
Experience:  Own/operate computer networking/IT company.
59725966

I got my fitbit wet and now it wont charge and flashes "Fitbit

I got my fitbit wet and now it won't charge and flashes "Fitbit 4.14" Is it fixable?

Nathan :

Hello, and welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’ll be assisting you today.
My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Let’s get started!

Nathan :

Hi there, sorry to hear you're having trouble,

Nathan :

unfortunately though there is most likely an internal electrical short caused by the moisture that has caused internal hardware damage.

Nathan :

Really the only thing you can try here is to remove the moisture.

Nathan :

Power it off, and seal it in a container filled with uncooked white rice, for several days.

Nathan :

The rice will help to absorb the moisture out of the fitbit, and once it is fully dried inside, you can then try to charge it again.

Nathan :

If the problem persists, then it would confirm internal damage.

Nathan :

These units are not able to be repaired though, there are no serviceable parts inside, and components for repair are not available. In that event, you'd want to contact fitbit to inquire about getting it replaced under warranty.

Nathan :

Even if past the warranty, they'd hopefully be willing to give you some credit towards a replacement product.

Nathan :

Failing that, you may be able to make a claim with your credit card company, as many will have some type of coverage for accidental damage to products you purchased using their card for a certain period (usually 1-2 years) after purchase