active1065
active1065, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  several years of experience in programming,website and s/w development
18731947

Hi, I purchased a Gateway 17.3" 6GB Windows 8 Notebook. I

Hi, I purchased a Gateway 17.3" 6GB Windows 8 Notebook. I also, purchased the MixMeister Express 7. I'm having problems importing music to the MixMeister play list. Which music source do I use. Itunes not working. Before, I used Music Match on my Dell Laptop. Do you have any suggestions.

Thanks,
Glenda. [email protected]

active1065 :

active1065 :

Welcome to Justanswert

active1065 :

Which version of MixMeister are you using?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

MixMeister Express 7.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I gave you all the information I purchased MixMeister Express 7, I have Windows 8.

i was waiting for your response and lost you. Anyway lets continue.

First of all MixMeister supports only MP3, WAV, and WMA formats (without copy protection).

If you look into their faq page:
MixMeister does not directly support the music you buy from the iTunes Music Store or Napster. These files are in a protected format that other applications are not allowed to read.

Are you able to burn your itunes songs to an audio disc.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes. I have music transported from CD's on the computer and in my Itunes library. Now I need a source to import or export to the MixMeister library.

I am not sure if songs in itunes library can be directly used. To use the songs from audio CDs in MixMeister, you will first need to transfer them to your computer. This process is called ripping. It will create mp3, wav, or wma files on your hard drive that MixMeister can read.

Use windows media player to rip those dics into your harddrive

Follow the steps in the link below

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-xp/help/windows-media-player/11/rip-a-cd

Remember to rip in mp3, wav, or wma format and make sure that Make sure that Copy protect music box is unchecked while ripping.

Then simply imprt the ripped songs into Mixmeister.

Let me know in case you need any further help.

Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Very satisfied. Thanks again.

Glenda Tate.