To block unwanted spam, your Spam filter must be turned on. Once it's turned on, you can adjust your Spam filter settings to block or allow mail.
Note: Your Spam filter is turned on by default.
To adjust your spam settings:
1. In the upper right, below your Username, click Options and then click Settings.
2. In the left panel, click Spam Settings
3. To the right of 'Spam Filter', click the drop-down menu and select a level for your Spam filter (Off, Low, Medium, High).
Note: The recommended setting for your Spam Filter is Medium, but if you find that spam is still finding its way into your inbox, you can increase the setting to 'High'. Keep in mind the 'High' setting may confuse regular email for spam and deliver non-spam emails to your Spam folder.
4. If you want to block or allow messages from a particular person, you'd use the 'Sender Filter' section. Click the drop-down menu and select an option.
Note: The default setting is Allow mail from all senders. You can go as far as Block mail from all senders, though it is a bit drastic. If you select Allow mail from addresses I specify you can specify specific email addresses you want to receive email from. Any addresses you have not specified will be blocked.
5. Once you've selected an option from the 'Sender Filter' drop-down menu, in the text below, enter the username or email address of the person you'd like to filter and then click the + button to the right.
6. In the Content Filter section, you can choose to block messages containing pictures or specific words or phrases.
Note: If you select Block mail containing pictures or files it will affect your ability to send and receive attachments.
7. In the Blocked Mail section, you can choose to 'Permanently delete blocked mail' or 'Deliver blocked mail to the Spam folder'.
Note: It's recommended to select 'Deliver blocked mail to the Spam folder' just in case a non-spam email gets blocked, you'll still be able to go into your Spam folder and retrieve the message.
8. At the bottom of the page, click Save to keep your changes.
All done! You may still get spam in your inbox from time to time, but marking email as spam will help your spam filter identify mail as spam. To learn how to mark a message as spam, please visit our help article How do I mark an email as Spam in AOL Mail?