Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.

I am trying to upgrade from Window 8.0 to 8.1. I get to the

I am trying to upgrade from Window 8.0 to 8.1. I get to the stage to uninstall Sentinel Runtime drivers. I click uninstall and it hangs up. I have searched for the drivers in my machine and online with no luck. I have Toshiba X875-Q7380, serial #XC445557Q
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 5 months ago.

Kamil Anwar :

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX i will do my best to assist you.

Kamil Anwar :

Have you tried running the command line utility to remove the Sentinel Runtime Drivers?

Customer:

No. How do I do that?

Kamil Anwar :

Are you currently using the computer in question to speak to me?

Customer:

Yes

Kamil Anwar :

Okay. Please Click Here to download the command line utility.

Kamil Anwar :

It will download a compressed folder named: Sentinel_LDK_Run-time_cmd_line

Kamil Anwar :

Unzip the folder in the C:\ drive and remember the folder name.

Kamil Anwar :

Hold the Windows key and Press R

Kamil Anwar :

Type cmd and Click OK

Kamil Anwar :

In the command prompt, go to the C:\ drive by typing cd ..

Kamil Anwar :

Until you get to the C:\

Kamil Anwar :

Then type cd folder name and hit enter to get into the extracted folder for Sentinel

Kamil Anwar :

Next, in the command prompt, type haspdinst -remove and Hit ENTER

Kamil Anwar :

It will take some seconds to remove sentinel.

Kamil Anwar :

Once done, you can proceed with the upgrade.

Kamil Anwar :

Are you there?

Customer:

I am just checking your instructions I have downloaded the utility and ready to try it

Kamil Anwar :

Great. I'll wait to hear the results.

Customer:

OK

Customer:

OK another dummy question where is the windows key?

Kamil Anwar :

On your keyboard, the 4 windows.

Kamil Anwar :

Hold the Windows Key and Press R

Customer:

I get a response that that folder name is XXXXX XXXXX as an internal or external command, batch file, or operable program

Kamil Anwar :

That happens only when the folder name is XXXXX XXXXX wrongly.

Kamil Anwar :

Can you open C:\ drive and see what the exact name of the folder is?

Kamil Anwar :

May i connect to your computer and perform the required steps for you? This will be an additioonal service for $15

Kamil Anwar :

If not, then we can continue here.

Customer:

If you tell me. I did write the name down before

Kamil Anwar :

Where is the file extracted, which directory?

Customer:

I see a typing mistake now will try again

Kamil Anwar :

Okay. No worries.

Customer:

I still get the same doesn't recognize response

Kamil Anwar :

Please provide me more information so i can figure out where your going wrong.

Kamil Anwar :

The file that you downloaded, where is it extracted to?

Kamil Anwar :

If you are having problems typing the full name of the folder, you can right click on the folder name, select rename and change the folder name to a single letter, like a

Customer:

I have the folder name as C:\users\Judith\documents\Sentinel_LDK_Run-time_cmd_line(1) I have typed it in with and without the (1) and continue to get the doesn't recognize I renamed the file and tried again -no luck

Kamil Anwar :

Can you go the folder and copy the file haspdinst.exe to your C:\ drive

Kamil Anwar :

Then in command prompt type

Kamil Anwar :

C:\haspdinst.exe -remove

Kamil Anwar :

Also, it is space (1)

Kamil Anwar :

C:\users\Judith\documents\Sentinel_LDK_Run-time_cmd_linespace(1)

Customer:

I have tried it all ways and with no luck

Kamil Anwar :

What message are you getting?

Customer:

I get the following Sentinel_LDK_Run-time_cmd_line (1) is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

Kamil Anwar :

It still appears to be wrong.

Kamil Anwar :

The easiest way is to manually open the folder where the file is downloaded, copy the file haspdinst.exe to your C:\ drive

Kamil Anwar :

Then in command prompt, type C:\haspdinst.exe -remove

Kamil Anwar :

The file haspdinst.exe is located inside the folder Sentinel_LDK_Run-time_cmd_line

Customer:

now I Can't seem to get to the c:\ I only get c:\users\Judith

Kamil Anwar :

Type, cd c:\

Customer:

ok did then typed haspdinst.exe -remove then hit enter No luck same message

Kamil Anwar :

Did you copy the file haspdinst.exe to C:\ ?

Kamil Anwar :

It would give the same message if it can't find the file, the file has to be copied to the C:\ drive first.

Customer:

I renamed it A and copied it to the c:\ drive I used the A name and the haspdinst.exe separately no luck same message

Kamil Anwar :

This is an executable file

Kamil Anwar :

Did you rename the folder or the file?

Kamil Anwar :

If you rename the folder and move it, then it won't work.

Kamil Anwar :

And it should then be A.exe -remove

Kamil Anwar :

A.exe -remove

Kamil Anwar :

It is the file that needs to be placed in the C:\ drive

Customer:

I tried that. I moved the folder A to c:\ then I went and renamed the .exe file with no luck

Kamil Anwar :

The folder has a file inside it.

Kamil Anwar :

Would you like me to assist remotely? That will help in quick resolution.

Customer:

yes please I did finally go into the folder and renamed the .exe file

Kamil Anwar :

Should i proceed with the offer for remote assistance or continue here?

Customer:

remote assistance please

Kamil Anwar :

Okay. Please refresh this window OR check email in 1 minute for the offer details.

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Experience: 8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
Hi Judith,

Please click the link below or go to www.logmein123.com

www.logmein123.com

Type the code 602799 and Click Start Download.

Click Run on the downloaded program, then click allow/yes/ok.

Thanks