Jerry Hannell
Jerry Hannell, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Experience in Windows environment. ASP, Visual Basic, Ajax
14934061

Program: Google Earth OS: Windows 7 Ultimate Problem: I start

Program: Google Earth
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate
Problem: I start Google Earth and the globe is quickly and constantly rotating. I have no control over moving the globe to where I want. In front of the spinning earth, I see a large arrow pointing West, a large arrow pointing South, and a dot at the base of the two arrows. How do I get rid of the arrows and stop the globe from spinning?

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

hello sir/madam, I would like to help you, please let me know when you are ready

Customer:

OK. But, full disclosure, I am not in front of my computer so I would just like some suggested steps to try. Thank you.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

if we use shortcuts, we can fix the problem. can you please open your google earth and then press your R key on your keyboard. this will "reset" the view

Customer:

Dear XXXXX, As stated, I am at work and not in front of the computer having the problem. Could I get some suggestions to try and maybe come back tomorrow if they did not work?

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

yes, first please try pressing the R key. this will stop the globe and you will be able to move globe with your mouse

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

pressing the SPACE key will stop the motion. if R does not work please try SPACE

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

if that does not work either please close google earth, click your start button, go to SEARCH BAR at bottom and type this: %APPDATA and press enter. from there, find the google folder, and inside the google folder delete the google earth folder completely.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

this will delete any temporary files google earth is using

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

after doing this, please restart google earth and check if it is working

Customer:

OK. Cool. Thank you for the suggestions. If this doesn't work do I need to go into a Windows registry setting?

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

you don't need to go to windows registry, please do this if you still have problems: go to control panel > programs section, and uninstall google earth fully. (This will also delete any registry keys) after doing this, go to %appdata% and find the google folder, and then delete it from there too. after doing this, restart your computer. when you come back to windows, reinstall google earth

Customer:

OK. Thank you very much.