James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

A while ago I inadvertantly, with the help of Norton telling

A while ago I inadvertantly, with the help of Norton telling me to run Norton Power Eraser, deleted OFFICE 97 from my computer. I tried to reinstall it and I couldn't. I also tried System Restore with no success. I called Microsoft and was told Vista did not support OFFICE 97. He suggested I buy OFFICE 2010, Home and Student. I recently tried to buy it at Best Buy and it wasn't available anymore. I went on the internet and got confused further in that there were free download offers and also purchase offers. I tried Amazon and they offered a "key card" (no disc). I don't know what a key card is so I didnt act on it. Please advise on what's available? Are these free downloads legit, etc? Thanks.
Category: Computer
Expert:  James K. replied 9 months ago.
Hello

My name is James

Welcome to Just Answer

You have a couple of options

Firstly you can download and buy Office 2010

there are also Some 60 day trials etc

HERE IS THE LINK

As your Running Vista, you cant user Office 2013 its not compatible

A key card is just the Key , so you get the key and give you the location to enter it and download the version of Office you have brought with it

Also there is a free option

Called Open office , Like Office but free

HERE IS THE LINK

Let me know any questions

Cheers James

Now please click the Smiley Faces and Submit and come back any issues

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

If I download Apache Open Office will it contain Word, Exel, Power Point

Expert:  James K. replied 9 months ago.
It contains - A version of word , Excel and power Point not exactly the same as they are Not Microsoft , but it is Free :)

Now please Rate my Service by clicking the Smiley Faces and Submit and come back any issues
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Will it allow me to open existing Word and Excel files?

Expert:  James K. replied 9 months ago.
It will yes

You will be able to open doc's and .Csv Files etc

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I downloaded Open Office. It works. Thanks

Expert:  James K. replied 9 months ago.
No problem

Please Now rate my service with the smiley Faces and submit
James K., Consultant
Experience: Technical Director of IT Company