Shefin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.

the internal fan under the F key has been loose for ages. every

the internal fan under the F key has been loose for ages. every time i use it and that fan comes on, the blades hit something on the inside and make a sound like a small plane taking off. horrible. is there any way to just disable that fan? it's an M5305
Category: Computer
Expert:  Shefin replied 8 months ago.

Shefin :
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.
Shefin :
Please let me know when you are ready.
Customer:

hello, ready.

Shefin :

The internal fan is for your CPU.

Shefin :

We cannot disable it.

Customer:

boo

Shefin :

If you disable it, the computer will get overheated and stop working.

Customer:

ya. sounds right

Shefin :

You still want to stop it?

Customer:

can't i cool it in another way?

Shefin :

Can you open the computer case, remove all the dust inside it?

Customer:

the dust?

Shefin :

Yes.

Shefin :

Inside the computer, there will be dusts that causes the fan to get slow or sounds.

Customer:

i could try. it's the blade of a fan that's hitting. it started suddenly one day. not a slow change.

Shefin :

Check if there anything blocks the fan to move. May be some wires or anything.

Shefin :

ARe you sure that it is the fan?

Customer:

was perfect until friend used it, then fan sound from then on.

Customer:

yes

Shefin :

Can you open the computer case and clean it?

Shefin :

Only do it, if you are sure that you can do it.

Customer:

i can try. no risk involved?

Shefin :

Is it Acer M5305?

Customer:

emachine M5305

Shefin :

Okay.

Shefin :

Please wait a minute.

Customer:

like 1999 or 1998 i think. the thing works perfectly, and has outlasted 2 macbook pros. except the fan sound witch is annoying for 10 years

Shefin :

Please check the link below to get instructions.

Customer:

ok

Shefin :

Please do it only if you are sure that you can do it.

Shefin :

Otherwise, get help from a technician.

Customer:

i can handle that. if this works i will go back to the GEEK SQUAD and be like "shefin kicked your a$$"

Customer:

i'll let you know how it turns out

Shefin :

Okay.

Shefin :
Add this page to your Favorites/Bookmarks first, so as to get back to me.
Customer:

ok thank you sir

Shefin :

You are most welcome!

Shefin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.