Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Technician
62741268

Iam looking at a laptop on Ebay. I tried to ask several question.

Iam looking at a laptop on Ebay. I tried to ask several question. With no anwer. May have asked to late. The auction states "just stopped working one day screen does not appear to be cracked needs a good cleaning happy bidding". Would this sound like a bad inverter, lcd, video chip. I am not looking for some general advise. Thanks Mike

Hi Mike,
My name is Randy.
I will assist you with your computer question.
If the laptop hardware is malfunctioning, you will get no warning message before it stops working. So this sounds like what may have happened. From the general description" just stopped working one day screen does not appear to be cracked needs a good cleaning happy bidding"
If you get no lights and the laptop won't turn on even when connected to a functioning AC-Adapter, it is likely that a major device in the laptop failed.Very possibly the invert transistor on the motherboard, or the main power supply. If the battery was already bad and the laptop was connected to power supply it will stop suddenly with no indication as well. If it is the Motherboard it is usually from overheating. This is usually what you find when the description is suddenly stopped working.