Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, PC Tech
Experience:  2 year degree from ITT Technical Institute.
46034742

TOSHIBA 750 G EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE, JUST DID NOT COME ON NO

Customer Question

TOSHIBA 750 G EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE, JUST DID NOT COME ON NO LIGHT NO SOUND, CHANGED SUB PORT TOOK CABLE OF AND PUT BACK>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>NOW WHAT.ALLMY PICTURES ARE STORED IN THISSS
Category: Computer
Expert:  Charles A. Roberts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name isXXXXX will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions. I am very sorry you have ran into this kind of problem Just to verify your hard drive is not power up at all no signs of power is this correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

I have good news and bad news. The good news the data on that drive is perfectly safe. The bad news is on this model of external hard drive you can't just put the hard drive into a new case the problem you have encountered is a problem with either the logic board which can usually be repaired at any local computer or electronics repair shop. There is also the possibility the cable may be bad. How long have you had this drive and I am sure you have tried this on more than just one USB port and more than one computer correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

other usb, front and back no other computer. s # XXXXX 6/11, can i purchase just the cable, it never seemed to set just right into hard drive

Sometimes you can get one from a local computer store like bestbuy but you would need to take the cable with you, if not you would need to contact the manufacturer and have them send you a replacement. BestBuy can plug it into possibly another cable to test it from another product just to make sure that is what it is. If not it would need to be taken in for a repair. That's if you want the data off of it. If it's not even been a year you still have a warranty on it by manufacturer. Do you have any other questions for me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

just are you sure i can get the pictures of of this because my whole history is in it some of the early pictures are backed up un cd but lately i don't print much just download and after selecting some put the rest on external. even my gdaughters wedding.

I am going to verify for you the hard drive is just not getting power. The data is un harmed. It can be repaired and the data can still be removed power just needs to get to it so data can be transferred. Try those steps and also ask and verify from bestbuy on data recovery. It can be done. Don't let anyone tell you can't be because it can.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know...
Please don't leave negative feedback, Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated! You will be getting a survey on my assistance and information It would be greatly appreciated to let my Superiors know how I am doing thank you and please try and have a good day.
Charles A. Roberts, PC Tech
Experience: 2 year degree from ITT Technical Institute.