Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

I have an HP Envy m6 with an external monitor. Was working

I have an HP Envy m6 with an external monitor. Was working fine, but now I can't get the external monitor to work. Not aware that I changed anything; been through all of the standard display switching routines I know - display appears to still be working okay.

Please help.

Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today!

Lets try this.. First, go to the old fashioned windows desktop screen..

Once there, locate the windows key on your keyboard, it should be two keys to the left of your space bar.

Now, hold down the windows key, dont let go, and press the P key.

You should see a menu show on screen, if you keep pressing P, you will cycle through the menu..

Now, if we set the choice to either duplicate, or extend.. ( you probably want extend )

Then that should turn on the signal to the external monitor..

If this doesnt work, or if you run into any issues, please send a reply and let me know so that i can continue to assist you.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent below when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.