Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry

Good morning dear sirs, My name isXXXXX and apparently

Good morning dear sirs,

My name isXXXXX and apparently someone somewhere created an e-mail through your domain & in my name and is sending very bad & wrong information to my surrounding

Please verify the source as this behavior is causing me a lot of worry especially if they start tempering with my work mail

This is the e-mail:[email protected]

I am ready to provide you any information, any REAL information about myself in order for you to get to the bottom of this
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Do you have a copy of one of these emails the person has been sending in your name?

Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the e-mail in question was forwarded from my girlfriend who received the original e-mail

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Caroline Abdouche" <[email protected]>
Date: November 4, 2013 at 9:28:20 GMT+2
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: FW: warn

From: Naji Ramyy [[email protected]]
Sent: lundi 4 novembre 2013 08:54
Subject: warn

I tried to warn you but you go and sleep with him.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 9000 (20131103) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

ok, we need to see the header of the email.

I can explain how, but which email program or service are you using to view the suspect email?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm using outlook from my office & gmail is my personal account where I received the forwarded message

My girlfriend unfortunately deleted the original as it was on her work mail and she got really scared

Its ok, a copy can also be viewed.

Log in to Gmail
Open the message you'd like to view headers for.
Click the down arrow next to Reply, at the top of the message pane.
Select Show Original.
The full headers will appear in the window

Give me this information please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

trying to send it but as soon as I click on the "Reply to Expert", a "web page connate be found" message is showing!

ok, close the Internet Browser, open it and log in and try again please.

Else put it in a Notepad file and upload it

- Click the following link:
- Upload the file to that website
- Once it is uploaded, the resulting page will display a "File ID" number.
- Please, give me that "File ID Number"

Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That helped, thank you

What there doing is faking the email address to make it look like it is from you.

It is very easy to do, and you cannot stop it (you need to warn your contacts).

They do not have access to your account, or anything like this, but are just faking the FROM Email address to make it look like it is from you.

You can see such a service here

This is one of many services available, but this is how they make it look like it is coming from you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

okay but how can I know where it originated from?

like the country for example or any other information that will help me pinpoint the perpetrator

You cannot, as the originating location is the webpage, not them.

Basically, (and they designed it this way) they access that web page, and the IP Address (which is used to track) is from the web page, not them, as they never send it directly from their computer.

The webpage in question for you is located in California, United States, but this is not at all related to the person doing this.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

so there's no way of knowing who did it, it's even impossible

It is sorry, and this is why they used this service.

It is completely anonymous as they do not even need to log in to use the web page and records nothing from their computer.

I know it's not what you (or I) want to hear, but it is exactly why people use this type of service, as there is no technical way to trace it sorry.

If they sent it from their own email program, this is a different story, but in your case, they uses an anonymous service.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Although I'm disappointed, I can but rate you on your promptness.

Thank you sir.

I understand, and trust me, if there was a way, I would be able to find it, I do this over 15 years.

But they make the tools online exactly for this purpose.

If you need anything else at all, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you