Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

Hi Folks, I am a 70 year old a novice and have only limited

Hi Folks,

I am a 70 year old a novice and have only limited computer skills including computer language. I had to "Google" browser to find out what it was!

I love the internet, card games, jig saw puzzles etc. I have been playing the card game Hearts for quite a few years and until recently I have been able to save an uncompleted game and come back to it. This is not the case any more. When I exit a game that game disappears and I am not given the option to "save". I don't know if it was when we upgraded to Windows 7 about 18 months ago or if it has happened since. We previously had Windows XP.

I have extensively Googled this problem and there are other users with the same issue however I don't understand a lot of the descriptions of the solutions.

Last Thursday 31/11/2013 I telephoned Microsoft Customer Service three times and each time I was emailed a web site that would supposedly help me, but to no avail. A week ago I emailed Microsoft and haven't even had the courtesy of an acknowledgement let alone any assistance. Even though I believe that this is a fault of Microsoft Windows 7 I will probably have to pay someone else to fix it.

I put the question to Microsoft Users Forum but have not had a response.

Is there anyone who can please assist me using normal language, so that I can resolve this issue? How much will it cost please?

The web site I was given by Microsoft is URL: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-gaming/hearts-game-in-windows-7/a2765961-3eaf-4309-b324-029299a862a3.

I have tried the first two suggestions at least twice each but still no go. When I read the third one I jus shook my head as if I was reading Swahili. Should this be done at midnight on a full moon whilst facing the west and standing on one leg?

Please can anyone help me.

Regards,
Frank Corless.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

I'm sorry to hear about your issue. May I remote in to your computer now, and take a look at the issue directly for you? Do let me know.

Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, go ahead.

Okay. You just need to click on the following session link now:
http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=883e18ca-5b5f-4ff4-a97b-99d21770fc4d

Please join the session, then RUN the application when prompted at the bottom (If you are using Firefox/Chrome, make sure to open up the downloaded application) - and I'll be connected. Thanks!

Regards
Issue resolved; thank you!

Regards