Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.

I have a hannspree monitor. It has been working fine since

I have a hannspree monitor. It has been working fine since I bought it approx. 1 year ago. Today, suddenly the sound disappeared completely and I can't figure out how to get it back. Can you help??

Hello Joel! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the exact model of your hannspree monitor?

Are you also able to adjust the volume on the computer's screen (not the button at the bottom of the monitor)?

Have you tested sound with different things, like a video website, or a CD/DVD music/video disk?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8?

If you connect the speakers or headphones/headsets directly to the (green) sound jack on the computer, does sound work via the speakers or headphones/headsets?

Please let me know. Thank you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The model is HSG1106

serial # XXXXX XXXXX

MFG DATE - January 2011

I am not able to adjust the volume on the computer screen. I tried some games I have on the computer that have sound and they are mute also.

I have XP.

There are not speakers with this monitor. The sound comes directly from built in speakers in the monitor.

Sorry, I understand, I was talking about using a separate speakers or headphones/headsets to test, but that's okay. What's the model of your windows xp computer?

Can you please click on the website below, and allow the ScreenConnect remote program to run, then we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly:

Thank you
I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need anything else later, please let me know any time. Please rate my service below. Thank you very much.