david
david, Computer Guru
Experience:  6+ years of computer expertise
65089077

cannot send or receive my emails. You have an ad for me to

Customer Question

cannot send or receive my emails. You have an ad for me to creat a mobile account. I don't have a mobile phone. please remove this ad and let me get to my emails
Category: Computer
Expert:  david replied 9 months ago.

david :

i would be glad to help

david :

to begin can you provide your email addess and replace the @ symbol with the text ( at )

Customer :

I don't have a phone I can text it is the telephone or here since I can't open my email.

david :

if someone wanted to send you an email, what email address would they use?

Customer :

okay now what. google attached my email and I want it removed so I can get to my email..let's try again my email isXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

david :

ok now can you type the email but replace the @ symbol with ( at )

Customer :

melarsen1103atgmail.com

Customer :

correct

david :

ok, now what happens when you try to go to gmail.com to read your email from a web browser?

Customer :

it is still there

david :

and are you able to read new messages from this page?

david :

and can you send emails at well?

david :

you can try sending an email to yourself to test this

Customer :

from you, yes form this page

Customer : XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
david :

try sending an email to yourself and let me know if it comes up in your inbox

david :

it might take aminute to show up

david :

just create a new email and put your email address in the TO box and put anything you want for subject and the body

Customer :

how do I do this? do I leave this page? I can't open my email to send myself an email. this is getting very upsetting

david :

you can open a new tab Ctrl+T

david :

and then go to gmail.com

david :

then compose

david :

and put your email address in the TO box and add anything to the SUBJECT and BODY sections

david :

and then send

david :

this will check if your inbox and outbox are working correctly

Customer :

do I leave this page and go back to the beginning ? how do I get back to you

david :

if you open a new tab Ctrl+T to visit gmail, this page will stay open and you can click on the tab above to come back

david :

or you can bookmark this page and come back that way too

Customer :

I will book mark this page but to go to ctrl where do I go I am sorry but I am not that computer savy

david :

on your keyboard, if you hold the control key (ctrl) and then hit T it will open a new tab so you can be on two websites at the same time

Customer :

gotcha

david :

let me know once you've been able to receive an email sent from yourself

Customer :

I id receive your email but not they way I would access my email I went to google.com then in the upper right hand corner was gmail. and also my gmail address. iwas able to send emails at first before I went to this other site just now and clicked and received your message. I lost you completely when I tried to got the ctrl and couldn't get back sorry. However when I went to bookmark and my gmail the ad was still there.

david :

ok, can you tell me the steps you take to get to the email page that is having problems

Customer :

I go to bookmarks and scroll down to gmail.com and email comes up. but now I get this full page ad for a mobile acct. the window says gmail to melarsen etc. I cannot d/c it and get to my inbox.

david :

hmm, perhaps your bookmark needs to be updated

david :

if you just type in 'gmail.com' in your web browser and get to your email that way, do you see the ad?

Customer :

I don't know I didn't just now when I received your email. but i didn't go to bookmarks to get back to you. Ihave not tried to go gmail that way, to be honest I don't know what works I f you want me to try I will but how do I get back to you ? it didn't work before.

david :

you can use the bookmark method to get back to me

david :

but try typing gmail.com in manually to get to your email

david :

let me know if that works

Customer :

okay

Customer :

it went directly to my emails no password XXXXX what do I do you mean to update my bookmarks. I have 2 sites that I bookmark 1 is gmail and 1 is mozilla.

david :

did the ad show up when you typed in gmail.com manually?

Customer :

no

david :

ok, then i would click on your bookmarks, then right-click on your gmail bookmark and click properties

david :

then change the address so that it says:

david :

http://gmail.com

Customer :

okay anything else?

david :

that should stop the ad from showing in the future

david :

that should be it

Customer :

thanks David lets hope for the best

david :

if my solution works for you, pleas remember to rate our chat

david :

or if you still need help just let me know what isn't working

david, Computer Guru
Experience: 6+ years of computer expertise
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

my email was acessable after we talked however when I went back I could not
get to my email again , a friend came by and showed me that on the site
there were 2 options sign in to email and creat a mobile acct. It was that
simple. your help was useless.ME

Expert:  david replied 9 months ago.
let me look at our chat history and i will get back to you