Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Qualified Computer Professional - 12+ years experience. Expert in Computer Hardware & Graphic Design

When selecting the item tool bar quark crashes as soon as i

When selecting the item tool bar quark crashes as soon as i try to move a text or picture box

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Hold down the option key on your keyboard. On finder (while holding down the option key) click on Go -> Library You will get open the Library folder. Find and open the folder named Preferences

Find the Quark Express preferences file named like quark. express.plist and trash it. Open Quark and check the result.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Did what you suggested, it is not working - quark still crashes

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The item tool does not look the same - it does not have the four points, but rather looks like a pointer arrow

The problem only happens, when you select item tool ? It works fine if you untill you select item tool ? Or it crashes with other tools or actions also ? Anyway please safe boot your mac. While in safe mode open Quark and check the result.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How do i safe boot the mac?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still crashing

Okay, please download and install this quark update and check the result.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi there, i am on Quark, busy with the download

Then you are had the latest updates. Can you please check and install every mac updates also ?

If it also do not helps, please disable the security settings of Mac. Then open quark and check the result.

To disable the security:

Open System Preferences from the Apple Menu.
Click Security & Privacy.
Click the padlock in the lower left corner to allow changes and enter an administrator password XXXXX prompted.
Under "Allow applications downloaded from" select the "Anywhere" option.
Click the "Allow From Anywhere" button in the dialog that pops up.
Now try to install from the file you downloaded. I hope, it will work.

Note: To re-enable security simply switch the "Allow applications downloaded from" setting back to "Mac App Store"

If it also do not helps, can you please re-install Quark and check the result ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok, Quark10 is working, thanks, XXXXX XXXXX the test drive option at the moment, but that will mean that i've got to upgrade and pay extra money for the programme and i don't want to do this - so this is not fixing my Quark9 problem

Some versions have conflicts with some OS versions, you need to wait the manufactures develop a patch to fix such issues. Now, please give me a positive rating. Then only I will get paid for my time and efforts.