Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry

My Packard Bell PC (2 yrs old, how do I find out Type/Model?)

My Packard Bell PC (2 yrs old, how do I find out Type/Model?) has lost its sound. Loudspeakers and earphones are all dead. What should I do?

Kind regards

Sven Erik Jansby, Oslo, Norway
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me when this problem started please Sven?

Thank you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

The problem started approx one week ago (Oct. 12?)

Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Thank you Sven,

I would like to start with a system restore to undo any corruption that has occurred within windows.

Close all programs.

Click Start, type in

System Restore

Press enter.

Follow the steps and choose a restore date when your sound was last working.

Once completed, test and tell me if you now have sound please.

Thank you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

I tried to do what you adviced above. Turned off and on my PC, but found nowhere to write System Restore. Please be more spesific, step by step.

In the process I lost you as I didn't know you also sent E-mails.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Hi Sven

There are only a couple of steps.

Click Start, type in

System Restore

Press enter.

Follow the on screen steps and choose a restore date when your sound was last working.

Thank you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

I right-clicked the mouse and got to "Open Windows Explorer". Then set Restore System in search area and set date to Oct 8 (to be on the safe side). Still no sound. in loudspeakers or earphones. Should I leave Restore System at Oct 8?

Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
yes you can leave it there.

Can I log on and look please on the connected computer?

It is easier to work with you on this. You can see and control everything I do

Click the below link and click START MEETING on the web page

www.joinme.com

It will download a program to your computer

Run the program by double clicking it, and it will give you a set of 9 numbers

Give me the numbers at the top of the screen (exaple: 456-789-123) in your message to me here please

Thank you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

THE NUMBERS ARE: 320-140-020

Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Connected,

Please click on the Joinme program in your task bar and give me access.
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
done
Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry