Shefin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

please we got disconnected! I was half way thru your instructions

please we got disconnected! I was half way thru your instructions to reset my printer. how do i get back to your answer????

Shefin :

Shefin :

Are you there?

Customer:

yes im here.

Shefin :

Have you tried resetting the printing system?

Customer:

I got as far as clicking at same time on print and scan window

Shefin :

You are in Print & Scan window. Right?

Customer:

yes

Shefin :

Do you see the Option (Alt) key on your keyboard?

Customer:

yes. i held down optionalt at same time as the minus sign

Shefin :
Minus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard. Right?
Customer:

Yes. and then my computer asked for my password XXXXX somehow your screen disappeared.

Shefin :

Have you entered your login password?

Customer:

for the computer? yes.

Shefin :

It is your administrator password.

Shefin :

When it is asking for the password, enter your administrator password.

Customer:

you mean the one for just answer? The message said my computer password. It isn't asking now. The screen is print and scan and I chose the brother model to reconnect. Now it says it is "idle," and the options are "open print queue" or "options and supplies." The default printer offers options of "last printer used" and my actual Brother model. Should we go back a few steps?

Shefin :

When you press the Option (Alt) key on your keyboard while clicking the "-" (minus sign) together, it is asking for a password. Right?

Customer:

Are you saying to do that again?

Shefin :

Yes.

Shefin :

Then, enter the password XXXXX it asks for that.

Shefin :

We have not completed that.

Customer:

Which one? the computer or the one for my account with you? What is the "administrator password?

Shefin :

The password XXXXX you are using to lgin to the computer.

Customer:

okay. done that, now click add to set up computer?

Shefin :

Yes.

Shefin :

Have you selected Reset printing system and it deleted all the printers from Print & Scan window?

Customer:

Okay I think so. Screen says printer idle, last used." Central screen gives option of "open print queue". I think its reset, right? What next?

Shefin :

Do you have the printer on your print & Scan window, even after resetting the printing system?

Customer:

Yes.

Shefin :
Try adding the printer by clicking the + (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) sign.
Customer:

It says a queue for my computer already exists. do I want to set up a new queue?

Shefin :

I think you have not done the reset. Reset will remove all the printers from Print & Scan window.

Shefin :

Could you please try once again?

Shefin :
Hold down the Option (Alt) key on your keyboard while clicking the "-" (minus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) button. Then, choose Reset Printing System.
Shefin :

Have you done that?

Customer:

I did. then it cleared the printer. It says none are available. Tells me to click the plus sign to set up a printer.

Shefin :
Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.
Customer:

Did that.

Shefin :

Are you able to add your printer?

Customer:

The screen is still print and scan. It shows to the left my printer has been added and is "idle." This page puzzles me.

Shefin :

Please try printing anything.

Customer:

okay. Its printing.

Shefin :

Try another one too.

Customer:

printed four more pages.

Shefin :

Great!

Shefin :

I am glad to hear that!

Shefin :

Do you have any questions?

Shefin :
I request you click the EXCELLENT smiley face once you have all the information you need.
Shefin :

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Customer:

I hope so! What I won't know right away is whether the computer will still turn itself off when I print more than a page or so at a time. If this corrects it, what do you think was the problem? And if it doesn't correct it, do I contact you again for other options?

Shefin :

You can try printing it again.

Shefin :

It seems to be a driver issue.

Customer:

What does that mean?

Shefin :

The printer driver issue.

Shefin :

And we have reset the driver by resetting the printing system and adding it.

Shefin :
Add this page to your Favorites/Bookmarks first, so as to get back to me anytime, if the issue persists.
Customer:

I feel silly, how do I do that? And by the way, thank you. I will give you an excellent rating.

Shefin :

Can you copy and paste the address of this page? http://www.justanswer.com/computer/830df-please-disconnected-half-thru-instructions.html

Customer:

I think so,yes, did it!

Shefin :

Okayyy.

Shefin :

Thank you for your time.

Customer:

A good day to you. Hope its solved. Glad it wasn't a sick computer.

Shefin :

I am glad to hear that!

Customer:

Bye!