Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry

When will an update for Windows 8.1 get a new driver for Sony

When will an update for Windows 8.1 get a new driver for Sony DSC cameras? On my Windows 8 I had no problems downloading Photos from my Sony DSC H5 via USB, now the unit is no longer recognized. Really annoying, since this affects all Sony DSC cameras. Please help me find a driver update!
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

On the camera, Switch the USB mode in Set Up from Normal to PTP (Picture Transport Protocol).

Then connect and tell me if the Camera is now recognised please. this has worked for nearly all Sony DSC cameras since the update to 8.1.

Do this and Let me know the results please

Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

LaughingIt worked immediately! I am very grateful, thank you!

Your most welcome Jeanne!!

It needs to be set as this now for Windows 8.1

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you