Nathan, Systems Manager
Experience:  Own/operate computer networking/IT company.

I need batteries for my PulseOx 5500 finger unit. Cant reach

I need batteries for my PulseOx 5500 finger unit. Can't reach you by phone.

Nathan :

Hello, and welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’ll be assisting you today.

First, a brief overview of the process: This is a live chat format, so I’ll need to communicate back and forth with you. You’ve already paid a deposit or membership to post your question here. I am an independent tech, and am volunteering my time unpaid until our chat is concluded. At that time I’ll request you click the EXCELLENT smiley face to close out our chat. It is my intention to solve your problem with a quick, honest, and helpful answer and my goal is for a rating of Excellent Service. You may receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel I’ve earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to better meet your expectations.

Should you feel the need to provide a negative rating of Bad or Poor Service, please wait and let me know what I can do to clarify or more thoroughly answer your question instead. Remember, you are rating me personally, not this site or your product and a negative rating will not initiate a refund. Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Let’s get started!

Nathan :

Hi there, thanks for your question. The batteries for your device are not a special or proprietary type, they are available in many retail outlets, camera shops, electronics stores, etc.

Nathan :

It is a 1/2 size AA format, 3.6v lithium ion battery

Nathan :

You can get a 4 pack here, for under $10:

1/2AA Size Lithium Batteries (click for link to view/buy)

Nathan :

If you need instructions on changing out the battery (basically, just popping open the battery cover with a screwdriver or flat blade), you may CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE MANUAL

Nathan :

The manufacturer does not sell the batteries directly though, and they really don't sell the products directly either, which may be why you're having trouble reaching them. Their products are sold through a network of distributors instead. But again, this is not a proprietary part, you can get this battery almost anywhere, and it doesn't have to be any certain brand.