Nimman
Nimman, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Many years experience. Diploma In Computer Engineering. CCNA , CCNP
50152118

what is difference between duo-core, quad-core, etc in choosing

what is difference between duo-core, quad-core, etc in choosing laptops?

Nimman :

Hello there, Thanks for using Justanswer. I am Nimman and I will be assisting you.

Nimman :

The main difference is Multicore CPU executes multiple instructions at the same time.

Nimman :

A Quad core having 4 cores compared to the Dual core ( Which have only 2 ) cores can executes 2 times more instructions .

Nimman :

So, a quad core chip may be able to execute the instructions four times faster, but that doesn’t mean it can receive instructions from ram four times faster.

Nimman :

Most of the new softwares are written to take full advantage of multi-core processors. The operating system might provide a small automatic increase in speed, but you won’t see a 4X increase in performance simply by switching to a quad core. But there will be a difference .

Nimman :

And a quad core will be better in Multitasking also.

Nimman :

Please let me know if you have any doubts.