Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Worked With The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

My problem is this: For several months I have been able

My problem is this:
For several months I have been able to reach www.foretees.com/blackhawkcc which is a tee sheet signup for BlackhawkCC in Madison WI. Now the connection is no longer direct and non of the choices displayed on the websites listed include mine. I can get the entrance display asking for name and password, but it is for a Blackhawk CC in Modesto Calif.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today!

This is the link to the club website for Madison Wisconsin

http://www.blackhawkcc.com/Location-9.html

It has a members login at the top right.

And the direct login for the foretees.com website for Madison's club is this link

http://web.foretees.com/blackhawkcc/login.jsp

If you have any further questions or concerns, please let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent below when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Thank you. I will now sign off and try this. The difference is that I have never heard about the "/login.jsp" part before.

Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.
Not a problem John, take your time.

If you need further assistance you can reply to me as you have been.

if this turns out to have fixed the issue for you, please dont forget to return and click one of the rating icons below, to show whether or not I was able to help you.

Thanks,

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Dustin,
It does not work; I get Modesto, Calif. I used to get my country
club. Now it is nowhere in sight. On other computers it appears like it
used to on mine. My computer is protect by Sandboxie. Is that a problem?
Nothing has changed from the "before and after" to which I refer. It does
not work with either Google or Internet Explorer.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Dustin,
We are nowhere. The login logo that appears is not for the Madison
club like it used to be. The way to check it is to look at the weather
report that is offered in the lower right hand corner in small white
writing. It give the weather for Danville, CA and if enter the proper
login cues it rejects them.

Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

Hi John, my apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

I didnt see your reply Friday before my shift ended.. I will be online for the next 10 hours.

Something is definitely blocking your ability to reach the Madison website, as I was able to reach it without issue.

It could be your antivirus, or even your browser that needs to be reset or changed. If you would like, I can connect to you and your computer from here, and try to repair the issue myself while you observe.

Theres no extra fee for that method of support, so if thats something your willing to try in order to resolve the issue, please send a reply and let me know so that we can work out a time to connect to each other and conduct the repair.

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Hi Dustin,

More thinking: One day I could access this website. The next day the problem is there. In the meantime, Google is doing various things with their access like changing the formats of their greeting screen and increasing the strokes necessary to enter like always asking for my email and password XXXXX every entry.

(No other websites have been affected, I might say. Even some more questionable ones.)

Do you think I might try to talk to ...foretees.com themselves? Although I can't see that helping since you can get in.

Finally, this problem is on both my computers. On this one I use Google to enter the net and my laptop, AOL. Their commonality is Sandboxie.

J

P.S. I see that you are offline now. I wait til we coincide.

J

Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.
Hello John,

Im online now and for the next 8 hours or so.

when you say google is changing the access format of their greeting screens.

Do you mean that google itself, is changing the google.com greeting screen?

Or, were you trying to say that Google is changing the greeting screen of the foretees.com webpage ?

As far as the issue happening on both your computers, are both your computers accessing the internet from the same location when that happens?

Id still like to connect remotely to one of the computers, because there are many reasons why both computers could be affected with the issue your having, and not all of those reasons rely on the website itself being the problem.. There could be issues with your firewall, antivirus, proxy servers, or even browsers that affected both the computers you use.. And if I can repair one, you can simply duplicate the steps on the other so that both are working.

I will keep an eye out for your next replies this evening John.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Dustin,

I am uneasy about having someone muck around in my computers. That's the problem with the internet; I'm not sure who I am talking to. I assume that everything's OK but how can I be sure that your site is legit and that I'm not talking to a fat old lady in Kentucky who is dying to steal my identity?

Obviously, your solution is good if you're good. Help me.

As I reread this, I see that it is a bit strong but you get the idea and I'm sure you have answered this question before.

J

Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

I have answered this question before.. First, I would like to direct you to the better business bureua website.

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403

You will see that we maintain an A+ rating with the BBB, and have done so since 2006.

That covers the website, as far as myself.

If you click the link below, or just do a google search yourself for justanswer remote dustin .. That will bring up hundreds of cases where I have successfully connected and resolved issues.

https://www.google.com/search?q=justanswer+remote+dustin&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

It will also bring up a few cases where I wasnt able to solve the issues.. If im not able to help you, your entitled to a full refund.

As far as trying to steal your information, Ive worked here for 5 years after leaving the US military in 05.. I have no use for your information, the only information you have that is of any assistance to me, is the information about your computer such as it relates to the computer issue were trying to solve.. ( Such as what browser yoru using, antivirus, firewall, wifi router, etc ) I have no need for your name, home address, etc )

And honestly, no technician should even need to know those details in order to solve any computer issues. Since my name or your name doesnt make a difference to the website not allowing you to sign into the correct page..

If you do not want to try a screen sharing session , i can still guide you via written support.

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Dustin,
Thank you for the good verifications.

In order to proceed, I assume we will be working together. If you are in the computer, do I "watch over your shoulder?" What are you're working hours? Since I am out and about on a daily basis, let's set up a time.

Tell me how this is done.

J

Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.
Hi J..

Yes, while im working on the computer, you will be looking at your computer screen the same way that I am.. I will also need you there, as there are certain things that I cant do if it becomes neccesary, such as resetting your router, or turning it off or on. And sometimes depending on your antivirus, I can open windows , but not click on whats inside them. So I would need you there so we can chat live while im working on the computer.

Wednesday and thursday I will be working from 12 noon till midnight ( eastern standard time ) And Friday from about noon till 6 pm.

If any of those times would work for you, send a reply and let me know. ( preferably a few hours ahead of time )

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
How about 2:00 CDT tomorrow, Wed?
I'll check tomorrow morning and confirm.
Now, I'm going to bed! Was on the golf course today with the temp @ 40 degrees F. 5 layers of clothes on!
J
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Are you there?

J

Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.
Hey J, im running a bit behind today unfortunately.

Looks like my repy is coming in about a half hour after 2 pm central time.. Are you still available?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

No, I'm busy now. How about tomorrow? Name your time.

J

Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.
Noon till 7 pm.. and then 10pm till midnight..

Anytime during those hours will be fine..
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Tomorrow afternoon. Oct 31.

J

Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.
Excellent J, I will see you then..

And this time I'll be here early and waiting for you.

D.S
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Hi Dustin,

It is 2:00 CDT and I am at my desk in my office. How do we do this?

J

Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.
Hi J.

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

For us to connect, I need you to click the link below

http://166.78.231.170:8040

The session id / password XXXXX Foretees ( all one word )

Once entered, its going to ask you to download a file, this is our screen connection file.

Once downloaded, we need to make sure to open and run that file, as that file will create the connection.

If you get stuck or run into any issues at all, send a reply and let me know so that I can assist you with the connection process.

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

This is too complicated. I want to back out.

J

Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.
Hi J.

I see you have mentioned that you want to back out.. I can completly understand that. We were able to connect, but unfortunately the security on your computer was "overly secure"

Sandboxie wasnt allowing me to click on anything at all, hence I wasnt able to run any commands.

Your welcome to request a refund if you were charged any type of deposit, as shown below.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

If instead, you would like to continue, we would need to get Sandboxie shut down so that I can affect some sort of screen control when you and I are connected.

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Before we're done here I need to know:

1) Are there any remnants of your program left on my computer after I completely shut it(the computer) and rebooted.

2) I think what has happened is not your fault; I am overly secure. I think my solution would be to take the computer back to the dealer where they installed Sandboxie and have them do the work. Maybe the Sandboxie is the problem keeping me away from foretees. But why did it work under the same conditions for months before?

3) I don't need a refund based on being ignored or failure from your end. I gave it a whirl.

Please respond as to whether there are pieces of your entry program on my computer.

J

Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.

Were communicatiing on two levels here J.

For the moment, if were working on shutting down sandboxie and reconnecting, I will wait to answer your questions until we reconnect momentarily..

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

I am interested in only one level. I wish to back out and to be able to control what's happening. Sandboxie prevents me from doing that. I have to go to a Sandboxie expert (no disrespect to you). Once I get that done, I will use those experts to solve my problem.

Thanks

J

Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.
Were connected again.. Working the issue.

D.S
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

How can you be working the "issue" without me at your side?

J

Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.

Thats a good question John.. And my apologies, I had sent a connection link and it looked like you had connected.. But I see were dealing with some technical issues on our end.

That being said, you asked if there was any left over remnant of the program..

If you go to your start menu , control panel, uninstall programs.. You will see that here is no remnant of the elsinore or screen connect program.. As the program doesnt actually install.

It merely uses your browser to create a one time connection.. Once the connection is ended, we have to create a new connection.

To make sure that wasnt any remnant of the program left, you would simply want to clear your browser for its cookies and cache.

As far as the login issue youve been having.. I believe the sandboxie program was causing the issue..

I would try uninstalling that program temporarily, and then attempting a login to the foretees site again

if it works normally as it should, then we know the sandboxie program was causing the issue.. Probably de to an update t hat it had.

D.S
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Worked With The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller