Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry

hello, I opened sound recorder on my computer, thinking I would

hello, I opened sound recorder on my computer, thinking I would be able to record my voice for a uni assessment. however, when I opened the program some really weird sounds started playing on my computer. I then thought this program must just be for sounds rather than recording voices, so I closed the program. however, even after closing the program, the sounds are still playing on my computer. I tried turning the computer off, but the sounds just started again when I turned the computer back on. I even tried deleting the entire sound recorder program, but the sounds are still on. are you ale to tell me how to make the sound stop?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Can you explain the types of sounds you are hearing on the computer please?

Thank you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

It is a onstant high-pitched ringing, and it is still recording my voice even though I have already closed the program and restarted my computer.

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Ok, do this please Katherine.

Click Start, type in MSCONFIG and press enter.

Click on the Startup Tab and click Disable All.

Click on the Services Tab and click "Hide All Microsoft Services"

Then click Disable All

Click ok, restart and let me know if you still hear it please

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

hello Richard

that process failed as when the computer restarted, the problem is still occuring

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
ok, click Start

Type in

System Restore

Press enter

Follow the steps to perform a system restore from the last restore point

Once completed, tell me if you still have the sound occuring please

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I tried doing that but after selecting system restore from last restore point, it told me that my OS(C:) drive does not have enough space for a restore.

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Can I log on and look please on the connected computer?

It is easier to work with you on this. You can see and control everything I do

Click the below link and click START MEETING on the web page

Click Me (Link)

It will download a program to your computer

Run the program by double clicking it, and it will give you a set of 9 numbers

Give me the numbers at the top of the screen (exaple: 456-789-123) in your message to me here please

Thank you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

667-843-483

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Connected
Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry