Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I stored various blocks of photographs from Picasa onto a micro

I stored various blocks of photographs from Picasa onto a micro SD disk, which I connect to my computer. When I come to look at them, the photo tiles are shown just as their numbers with a 'logo' above.
I want to see the photos directly when I connect the disk to the computer. If I click on a photo it opens it up in 'paint', which I do not like and do not understand!
How can I open the pics from the disk, into something like Picasa which I understand and can play around with!
I have MS Vista and Picasa 3.
Help!!! Noel
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Right click on one of the photos, and select Open With.

Choose Picasa, and make sure at the bottom, that use this as default program, is checked.

Then click ok, and it should then open in Picasa.

And all other photos you double click on now, should from now on open in Picasa.

Do this and Let me know the results please

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did reply at length but cannot see any response. Did you not receive it?

I was not satisfied.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No I did not receive it sorry, just this message

Can you repeat it please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When I right click on a particular picture and view it in Picasa that is fine, and there is a very small scroll of photos at the bottom, which are not big enough to make out. There are hundreds of pictures, and it would take days to enlarge each one. What I really wanted was that when I connect my disk to the computer and select a volume of photos, I would get the images themselves (at what ever size I chose), not just the logos and the picture number below. The only answer otherwise would be to reinstall them into Picasa, which would rather make saving them on a disk rather pointless, as well as using tons of computer space. I have some memory stick of old which when I plug them in I get the images in clear. O dear it looks as if I am stuck with a bummer! Noel

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, right click and select Open With

Choose Photo Gallery

is this how you want to view them Noel?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't seem to have Photo Gallery. Only M/S Document Imaging;

M/S Photo Editor; Nero Kwik Media; Paint; Picasa Photo Viewer.
Nero Kwik Media at least has a quick shift arrow from individual Pic to the next.

Still not what I had hoped for. Noel

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can I log on and look please on the connected computer?

It is easier to work with you on this. You can see and control everything I do

Click the below link and click START MEETING on the web page

Click Me (Link)

It will download a program to your computer

Run the program by double clicking it, and it will give you a set of 9 numbers

Give me the numbers at the top of the screen (exaple: 456-789-123) in your message to me here please

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will do as you suggest, but I am tied up for a couple of hours. Then will try

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I just need to know what level of security both you and your organisation have before I hand over my computer? Noel

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
My computer is completly secured.

But no files will be transferred anyway, so there is no risk.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Fine then. Please go ahead and take my computer. I shall remain with it during the time you have it. Noel

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I need you to do the instructions so I can

Click Me (Link)

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

462-404-996

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Connecting
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
done
Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry