James, Sr. Computer Support Expert
Experience:  20 years of experience building, fixing and servicing PCs and operating systems.
24111805

I have a Lenovo laptop . It crashed on me and I forgot the

I have a Lenovo laptop .
It crashed on me and I forgot the password XXXXX open the computer.
What do I need to do to make it work again.
I bough it 2005.
Category: Computer
Expert:  James replied 11 months ago.

Do you mean the Windows password?

Thanks,

J.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

No.

The password XXXXX open up the computer,before you be able to use the window

Expert:  James replied 11 months ago.
Ok - I understand. You mean the BIOS password.

There is no way in the world to break or hack or change this password XXXXX are you sure you cannot remember it?

J.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I cant find it and forgot what it is.

Expert:  James replied 11 months ago.
I understand.

The only way to get around this would be to replace the laptop's motherboard - which is quite expensive (around $400).
I highly recommend you try as many passwords as you can. You can't cause damage, and it will not premanently lock the computer.
After each 3 attempts, you will need to power it off and back on.

Lenovo has amazing security features, and they designed the laptop to be completely proof to any password XXXXX without knowing the password.

If you do want/need to replace the motherboard, you can send the comptuer out to a mail in service that will do it for you. A good one is www.laptoprepair.com
They do a good job, and their prices are very reasonable.

If you have any other questions or need more information, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond!
I'd appreciate it if you can rate my service using the faces below my answer.

Many thanks,

James.
Expert:  James replied 11 months ago.
Giving you the facts as they are is bad service?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

No James. Not enough that I lost the computer now I am afraid to ask for help because I loose no matter what.

Expert:  James replied 11 months ago.
Bill, you can try passwords, and you can have the motherboard replaced.

since you are saying my service is not bad, I'd appreciate it if you can change it to a good service using the faces below - thank you!
James, Sr. Computer Support Expert
Experience: 20 years of experience building, fixing and servicing PCs and operating systems.