Justin
Justin, Network Administrator/Not Limited
Experience:  Network Specialist Degree, A+/Net+ Certs, 10 years Contract IT/Network Administration
2888018

I HAVE a personal google account and am leaving my company

I HAVE a personal google account and am leaving my company and have had a personal ACCT ON THE COMPANY COMPUTER. How do I delete the account so that it cannot be accessed by company?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Justin replied 10 months ago.
Greetings and welcome to Justanswer.

To my understanding, you've signed into your personal account on one of the company computers and you're concerned they will be able to get into that account due to remember password, or cached login.

So what we need to do is terminate all connections to your Google account so that everyone is forced to sign back in if they want access to the account.

To do this, sign into your google account from any computer (besides of course the company one).

On the main mail screen where you see your inbox, scroll down to the bottom right, the far bottom right and you will see "Last account activity" and underneath that "details".

Click Details. On the next screen you'll see "sign out all other active sessions" This will log out all browsers/devices, etc that have connected to this account and force them to pass user credentials the next time they try to access the gmail account. So you will have to sign in again from other devices, just like the company machine would need to do, thus removing their access to your account.

Let me know if I misunderstood the question. When you're all set, you may rate the service provided (smiley's) at any time. If you need anything further however, please use the Reply to expert button and I will continue to assist you. Thank you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Just to confirm that I understand(I am pretty computer illiterate)

From another computer(mine at home) I follow the instructions and then in order to get in my account they just have to use my email address and have my password XXXXX pull it up on this machine(company computer). How am I removing the information from the company computer?

Expert:  Justin replied 10 months ago.
Did you use a mail client such as Outlook to access your gmail account from the company computer?>

Or did you just sign into gmail from a web browser such as Internet Explorer from a company computer?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

USED web browser "internet explorer" every time. have changed passwords about every other week

Expert:  Justin replied 10 months ago.
Then nothing is stored on the computer besides the cached credentials. So to protect your privacy and remove their access you need to terminate all sessions (the first steps I gave you) and then of course it is best to change your password XXXXX last time.

Using web based browsing is simply looking and altering the mail on gmail's server, it is NOT stored down on the computer unless a mail client is used (and that requires special setup).

So you should be good to go if you sever the current connections and change your password. Let me know if you have any further concerns.
Experience: Network Specialist Degree, A+/Net+ Certs, 10 years Contract IT/Network Administration