Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

How to retrieve a logon password XXXXX an old Fujitsu Monte Carlo

How to retrieve a logon password XXXXX an old Fujitsu Monte Carlo laptop?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 10 months ago.

Michelle :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Michelle :

please let me know which password XXXXX you referring to, is it the windows login password XXXXX are looking for

Customer:

Hi Michelle.

Customer:

Yes, it is the logon password

Michelle :

can you tell me what operating system it has windows xp, vista

Customer:

Windows 95. Old computer.

Michelle :

1)when the computer boots[IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]100[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE] keep pressing F8 until you get to a boot screen.

2)Select boot in DOS.

3)Get yourself into the windows folder by typing cd [IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]100[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE] windows" (without the "")

4)next type "dir *.pwl". This will display the login password XXXXX

5)after you found out the one thats yours (or ne1 elses you want to get into) type del username.pwl

6)Reboot the computer

7)When you have to login, put in the username you deleted, and enter ne password XXXXX like.

8)The computer [IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]100[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE] will say something like "No password. Would you like to use this one? Confirm?

9)Put your password XXXXX and you are in

Michelle :

ignore the image part

Customer:

Just tried the jabbing the F8 on boot several times, It still wants the password. This after several tries booting up.

Michelle :

turn off the laptop wait for a minute

Michelle :

turn it on and keep hitting it several time the F8 key it will launch a black window with options

Customer:

I did that again, still no black window. Just the regular Fujitsu bootup window, sometimes with options of F1 to resume, F2 to the setup screen. Both want the password. I read elsewhere online about removing the CMOS battery? I didn't work on computers, but I know what's inside. I am a retired comsumer electronics tech.

Michelle :

if you are getting a password XXXXX before loading the windows then its the bios password XXXXX works like a physical security lock and its not the windows login password XXXXX

Michelle :

in this case you will have to take the laptop to any laptop repair shop they will remove the bios chip to deactivate the password XXXXX removing of only the bios battery on the motherboard will not help

Michelle :

the bios chip has to be removed.

Customer:

Thanks for the answer. This was a company computer I used and I been in it a few times doing minor repairs to it.

Michelle :

Windows password XXXXX be cracked but if the bios has a password XXXXX the bios chip has to be removed physically from the motherboard to deactivate the password.

Customer:

Thank You for the information.

Michelle :

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my Time and effort in fixing however its a hardware issue which can only be fixed by removing the bios chip, please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley below to complete the rating. If you have any question or need more help please let me know so l can continue to help you. Thank you.

Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I found the CMOS reset pins on the motherboard. It now boots. Thanks.