Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I need to get wirelees network adapter. there is usb ones and

I need to get wirelees network adapter. there is usb ones and pci adapter ones. which ones are better with speed? Also there are 150mbps and 300mbps and which one is faster?

Kamil Anwar :

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX i will do my best to assist you.

Kamil Anwar :

The USB ones are better since they are portable and can work with any system.

Kamil Anwar :

The 300mbps is better and the best.

Kamil Anwar :

I would recommend you to get this one by Clicking Here. It's a 300 Mbps / Wireless USB.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so the pci ones doen't work faster or better than the usb ones?

They work almost the same way, but if you use them then you will not have the additional benefit of plug and play easily.

You get one USB adapter, and you can plug it into any computer/laptop whereas the PCI one, you will need to open the computer to take the card out.

Most PCI-based wireless adapters come with multiple large antennas that stick straight out of the rear of your system. PCI can however, with those additional antennas catch the signals from larger distance then USBs and this is mainly dependent on the card you chose.

Click Here to view the PCI one.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My computer is acting up and slow so I checked "Processes" on Windows task manager and found out svchost.exe's CPU is about 50 and system idel process is about 50. When I check the Performance on windows task manager, CPU usage shows as about 50% which is making the computer slow. Please advice to fix this issue and what is svchost.exe? virus?