Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.

My new computer closed down Friday on its on. Had an error

My new computer closed down Friday on its on. Had an error message. Now my qucken 2010 will not do any printing whatsoever; says it does not recognize administrative printers???? I have a pic of the error message in Quicken that I can send you. Using new HP Computer Envy with Windows 8.1 downloaded.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your computer question.

Is the only issue you are having is that it wont print ? That is a common problem with quicken and there are a bunch of things that we can try. But the first thing that I would try is a system restore to a time before the problem started. If that does not work please just get back to me and I have a whole string of things that fix that problem in quicken. ( there are a lot of possible causes and they each have a different fix )

hold the windows logo key and hit R

in the run box that comes up

type rstrui.exe and hit enter

select restore to an earlier date.

Under the "suggested restore" which is usually not old enough to help is a link for "OTHER RESTORE POINTS"
click that if the suggested ones are not BEFORE THE PROBLEM STARTED

choose a date that is BEFORE you experienced the problem

hit ok / restore

the computer will start to shut down

a restoring settngs box will appear with a status bar

when it finishes your computer will restart with the same settings it had on the date you restored to. your data will not be affected.

It is not perfect. But it fixes a lot of things.

I was just following up on our work. Thank you very much for the rating. If you have further issues with this same problem you can post in the original problem and i will give you more help for free. If you would like to go to this page and add it to your favorates you can then use it to send me a question directly
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My problems went away using your suggestion.

that's great thank you very much.

If you want to send me a question directly in the future please use this link

or put FOR ROBERT M. in the beginning of the question

thank you once again for using my service.