James, Sr. Computer Support Expert
Experience:  20 years of experience building, fixing and servicing PCs and operating systems.

My coputer is comprimised,it is sending out e=mails that are

My coputer is comprimised,it is sending out e=mails that are not from me.Almost all are blocked by receivers,but this is the second time,this has happened

Please tell me the following:

1. Who is your email provider?
2. Are you still able to access your email account using your current password?
3. Go into your sent items folder - do you see those emails that were sent out by that person?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Aol is provider,i have a protaective program with them that includes tech,is this you? I can access email,
will go inyto sent

Thakn you.

Based on the information you provided, it is unlikely that someone hacked into your account. What really happened is that a spammer used your email address in his spam software, and it sent out emails (spams) with your email as the "FROM" address. Spammers often use this technique to circumvent anti-spam software. Since they didn't really get into your account, but rather "burrowed" your address, there is nothing you can do about it. The good news is that their spam software goes through email addresses quickly, so you can expect this to stop within a week or two.

BotXXXXX XXXXXne - your computer is NOT compromised, which is good news!

I hope this makes sense.

If you have any other questions or need more information, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond!
I'd appreciate it if you can rate my service using the faces below my answer.

Many thanks,