Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

Hi Andy. I have a new problem on a new computer. I have an

Hi Andy. I have a new problem on a new computer. I have an Acer Aspire V3-731-4634 laptop, and I keep getting this popup out of nowhere (http://wvd.proresync.net/sd/wrap-0.01.html?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwvd.proresync.net%2Fsd%2Fapps%2Ffusionx%2F0.0.4.html%3Faff%3D1060-2080) What can I do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 10 months ago.

Kamil Anwar :

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX i will do my best to assist you.

Kamil Anwar :

Can you tell me if you are using Firefox or Chrome?

Customer:

Thank you Kamil. I use Firefox.

Kamil Anwar :

At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button, and then click Add-ons. The Add-ons Manager tab will open.

Kamil Anwar :

In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Extensions or Appearance panel.

Kamil Anwar :

Select the add-on you wish to remove. This should be any news one you installed. I have seen this appear with an extension related to superlyrics or music extension, so if you find any for music select that.

Kamil Anwar :

Click the remove button to remove the extension.

Kamil Anwar :

Click restart now if it pops up.

Customer:

I have no extensions according to Firefox addons

Kamil Anwar :

In the addons manager tab, select the plugins panel to see if there is a plugin?

Kamil Anwar :

There should be a few plugins there, please type the names here.

Customer:

According to my addons and extensions, I don't have any.

Kamil Anwar :

Let's reset firefox then.

Kamil Anwar :

At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu
and select Troubleshooting Information.

Kamil Anwar :

Click the Reset Firefox… button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.

Kamil Anwar :

To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens

Kamil Anwar :

Firefox will close and be reset. When it's done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and Firefox will open.

Customer:

Done. I have too many plugins to list here, but the one that seems suspicious is "conduit".

Kamil Anwar :

Conduit is suspicious too, but there should be one related to music as well. Is there a one called Fusion or Superlyrics or similar?

Customer:

Let me check.

Kamil Anwar :

Thanks

Customer:

Kamil I don't see any plugins of that nature except "Realjukebox"

Kamil Anwar :

disable realjukebox.

Kamil Anwar :

Then see if the proresync still pops up?

Customer:

OK

Kamil Anwar :

Thanks

Customer:

I don't know where to go from here to see if it still pops up.

Kamil Anwar :

Can you close firefox and reopen it to see if it appears or not?

Customer:

Yes. I'll do that.

Kamil Anwar :

Thanks

Customer:

OK I'm back after restarting Firefox. What now?

Kamil Anwar :

Did you see the proresync pop up?

Kamil Anwar :

The restart was to test if it still appears after disabling the realjukebox extension.

Kamil Anwar :

If it did not appear then i beleive the issue is resolved - However, it would be better to simply reset Firefox.

Kamil Anwar :

The reset will set firefox back to its default settings, and will remove any other malwares or unwanted toolbars.

Kamil Anwar :

To reset it, please Click Here for instructions.

Customer:

OK Firefox is reset to default.

Kamil Anwar :

Good. Problem should now be resolved.

Kamil Anwar :

Firefox back to default settings.

Customer:

OK I'll see what happens then I'll give you your pay and rating. Thanks for your help.

Kamil Anwar :

You're welcome. No problem :)

Customer:

Clayton

Kamil Anwar :

Take Care.

Customer:

You also my friend.

Kamil Anwar :

Thanks - Let me know the results. If any problem, you can reply to this window.

Kamil Anwar :

I will log off now.

Experience: 8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.