Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry

I bought a Dell laptop in Brazil, have Windows 8 in Portuguese,

I bought a Dell laptop in Brazil, have Windows 8 in Portuguese, want to change it to English, but the default language cannot be changed, I tried all options.
What shall I do to change to English
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

I dont want to have you do things you have already tried.

So when you say you tried All Options, what options are you referring to?

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

In settings , languages, I put English us, location us etc, removed the Portuguese, but the Portuguese stays as the Window default

You did it as per the instructions on my link below Gil?

Click Me To View

Please let me know

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I viewed this web page before, while searching, IT DOES NOT WORK WITH THE BRAZIL Windows Portuguese when you buy the Dell laptop, it is a kind of Single language

It is not the language that is the problem, it is the version of Windows 8 you have, which is the light version, and does not support multiple languages as the display language.

This is irrespective of where you purchase the computer, or what language it currently in, but the version of windows you have.

You have the basic version installed, which only allows for the display language that it came with. Further versions can have their language changed, as you see in the guide, but not the version you currently have.

The only solution around this is to purchase a English version of Windows 8 and install this.

I am sorry about this, and if you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can I install from online purchase the other Window 8, from the US site, or UK site

Yes, this is not an issue, as long as you purchase and install and English version, you will be ok.

Make sure also it is a full install, not an upgrade.